Friday, December 30, 2016

Avocado and Green Pepper Tabasco Sarnie


These end-of-year celebrations are really not my thing. But then there's the food. Which is my thing. Obviously.
And then there's also the week between Christmas and New Year's where I felt like I needed to slow things down with the food and finally decided to make a lasagna for 8 people... for myself.


Yeah...

So, ok today I decided to go for a good old avocado sandwich with some extra punch. I bet some of you have put Sriracha on your avo sarnie. Or the original Tabasco flavour. BUT I have been advised by the lovely people at Tabasco to try the green pepper tabasco on any green food. So I put 1 and 1 together and voilĂ : Avocado and Jalapeno Tabasco sarnie!



So fulfilling, so yum and spicy but not so much so you can no longer taste the other ingredients.
So trust me on this. Light lunch with a punch? Try this!

What do you need? (2 slices)

- 1 avocado, mashed
- a couple of radishes, finely sliced
- 2 slices of bread (I really love spelt bread for this!)
- some radish shoot or red beet shoots
- feta, crumbled
- some coarse salt (but not too much as the feta is salty already)
- splashes of the green pepper Tabasco <3


What do you need to do?

Simple open-faced sandwich guys :)
Toast the bread as much as you like (or not but I prefer mine toasted). Spread the avocado evenly and top with feta. Sprinkle the slices of radishes over it as well as the shoots and finish with a couple of splashes of the Jalapeno Tabasco and the salt if you like.

And tuck in. I promise, it's good!


Tabasco

Want to know some cool things about Tabasco? Well, here goes:
It is only made in one place: Avery Island, near New Orleans. They make only to order, which I thought was amazing to know, you'd think they would just make it in batches and sell it on, right? :)
All Tabasco plants are still related to the very first ones because, just like tomatoes, they are heirloom plants. 
The mash they make from the fresh chili peppers, when they are ripe, is ripened in oak barrels in which whiskey was made, together with salt from the Avery Island salt mines, vinegar and pepper. They stay in the barrels for 3 years before turned into actual Tabasco.

Don't know about you but I can eat this on everything. Oh, have you tried every type of Tabasco? Which is your favourite?

EnregistrerEnregistrer

No comments:

Post a Comment