Monday, September 26, 2016

Zoodles with Creamy Tomato Pesto


Sometimes I eat so much pasta that I have to take a break from pasta by not eating pasta. And it sucks. So I make dinner that looks like pasta. And it is great.
I got this electronic spiralizer from Domo and it is awesome. It will make anything into noodles and I went for classic zucchini noodles last night. Also known as zoodles. Much wow, so noodle, big fan.

Here's a simple recipe, vegetarian and healthy (yes cream is part of a healthy diet in my eyes ;) ) and perfect for any quick dinner.


What do you need? (2 servings)

- 1 1/2 courgettes (green and/or yellow)
- 150g of semi-dried tomatoes
- 50 ml cream
- 1 piece of garlic
- 20g of parmesan
- 3 - 5 pecan nuts 
- 1 tsp of dried chili flakes
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 quail eggs (optional) 
- some salt & pepper
- olive oil

What do you need to do?

Spiralize your courgettes with the Domo spiralizer. It really is super fun to do I absolutely LOVE spiralizing veggies with it. I might do some more experiments later and keep you updated if I come up with a yummy recipe :)

In a blender, chuck in the tomatoes, parmesan, cream, garlic, chili and 3-5 pecan nuts. No need for salt, the cheese is already salty enough!

In a hot pan, heat some olive oil and when hot enough, add the zoodles and season a little. Cook until al dente and until some of the thinner zoodles have some colour on them.When ready, remove from the pan and add the blended tomato mixture to heat it through a couple of minutes. 

Serve the sauce on top of the zoodles with a sliced avocado and if you like, top it with a quail egg (or five).

Have you tried this alternative to pasta yet? What sauce do you serve with it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment